Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Watching Dr. Phil.....not sure if it's a good idea

I'm watching the Dr. Phil "The Ultimate Fat Debate"

This is really interesting; because one woman stood up and couldn't remember one of the "skinny" women's names, so she called her "skinny minny".

I'm not sure why, but this stirred up some negative feelings in me. Yesterday I had watched the first part and today was the second part. But the "skinny" woman the audience member was talking about had been very snooty yesterday-and that stirred up some feelings that I've seen with other skinny/fat debates; one on the Tyra show comes to mind. And I've gotten the same vibe from people I've encountered at work and out and about. That these skinny people look down on pretty much anyone who is a little bigger. They think they are so much better than bigger people.

I'm finally (albeit slowly, but still) starting to get more comfortable being bigger. I know I won't be a size 2, and that's ok-but I would like to just look a little better and more so be healthier-I would like to be more "fit" in the sense that I don't get winded easily like I do now. That's my first priority-basically I want to start doing some power walking on days that I don't work (since I am on my feet and walking the whole time.

No comments:

Post a Comment