Thursday, April 22, 2010

On homemaking...

How I wish I had truly found Jesus earlier in my life. I doubt I would have wasted so much time. Whether I would have still gone to university, or a 2 year college, or just gotten a job to "get me by". I don't know, but I have wasted so much time and money at school here. But now, I am feeling this strong tugging at my heart that once I find my husband/have kids, I want to be a stay at home wife/mom-if it's possible. Or at least be only part time so I can spend more time at home.

I love Joan/Julia Stiles from Mona Lisa Smile-when she tells Julia Roberts that she won't sacrifice having a family and being there to raise them for a job or career.

Even now, I actually like organizing and cleaning-but by the time I am done with class and work, I really don't have the energy-I'm giving my soul to work and I don't like it.

I'm reading another blog where this topic is talked about and I agree with so many of the statements in it and a lot of the comments that other people make too.

I know being a homemaker isn't for everyone, and I didn't always want this, but now I do and I wish I would have realized it sooner-so I could have just gone to a 2 year school and gone into something like Early Childhood education, so I could support myself if needed.

*sigh* but I know I have to realize that only God knows what is right for me and he already has my plan.

So now it's time for me to go to a meeting and then to play volleyball at 8 with some friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment