Friday, April 23, 2010

So I was browsing a blog that I follow: TrueFemininity, and she talked about a friend who has been earning her degree through many various means, including CLEP tests and through Thomas Edison State College, and all I have to say is WHY DIDN'T I KNOW ABOUT THIS EARLIER??? Oh my goodness!! I truly wish I would have known about this when I graduated high school. I could get credit for simply being really interested in something and taking a test-that is Prior-Learning Assessment.

I also could have saved a LOT of money. The girl who did this, her entire education, not including books, will only be about $9,000-$10,000, I'm already WAY past that and I'm STILL not done. Wow.

Seriously.

Anyway, back to real life and what I am actually doing. I think once this lease is up, I will live in the dorms until I'm done. I think I can get more financial aid to help me with those costs and since I won't be "under" mom and dad-I can save money while I'm doing all that. Whew. I am looking at Thomas Hall or Putnam Hall, since they are on lower campus and close to all the academic buildings and the library. I just need to look into parking, since I will need my car to get to work. With that, I'm hoping since I'm a "senior" and have been there longer, I might have some kind of "seniority". Here's hoping.

Anyway, that's all I have for now, gotta get to bed, work 9-3:30 tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment