Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Chicken Stew

2 cooked, cubed chicken breasts
4-5 cooked, diced red potatoes
1 bag frozen, mixed veggies (choose your favorite blend)
2 small cans chicken broth/stock

some flour
spices (I used Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb blend-salt free)

Combine chicken and stock over medium heat; simmer for 10 minutes.  Stir in herbs, veggies and potatoes.  Cook until heated through.  Stir in flour to thicken sauce.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is a recipe that I actually found online-but in different measurements.  So instead of just converting them, I guesstimated on the amounts and it turned out very yummy!  One thing that I did was go a little heavy on the spices-they got a little overpowering, so be careful to only add a little at a time and keep tasting it.

You can also add onion in the first step-I did, for a little extra flavor-but then took them out before adding the flour.

Feel free to email me if you have any questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment