Wednesday, December 29, 2010

New Beginnings

It has been awhile since I posted, so I thought it was time. 

I had a wonderful Christmas at home with my parents, my brother and his girlfriend.  Unfortunately it was much too short a time, as I worked until 6 pm on Christmas Eve and 9:30 am the day after Christmas-with an hour drive to get to my parents home.

I had made homemade goodies for everyone-and they went over quite well.  The pumpkin pie I made for my brother was the first pie I had ever made and I am quite proud of how it turned out.  It was quite a "sacrifice" for me to make that as well because I detest the taste and smell of pumpkin foods.  But it was worth it since it turned out so well and I know that my brother enjoyed it. 

Anyway, on a different note; I got a new sewing machine!  And a very large cutting mat and very long ruler.  I also got a nice light for my sewing area-so I don't have to use a lantern meant for camping.  I got a nice carrying case for my new machine as well.  In my stocking on Christmas morning were some fat quarters in pretty brown and blue patterns.  Another gift I got was the Taste of Home-Winning Recipes cookbook; I can't wait to try some of them out!

Today I did a lot of cleaning and organizing in the kitchen.  After all the baking that was done in the few days before Christmas, there wasn't a lot of time to clean beforehand and both my roommate and I worked right after Christmas as well.  So today was the first day I could really spend time on it.  I also have tomorrow off so I will be cleaning the rest of the apartment as well as doing laundry-then I'm going to pack for going home on Saturday morning for my mom's side family Christmas.  Then on Sunday we are going to visit some cousins who can't make it on Saturday.  On Monday morning I have an eye doctor appointment and then hanging out with mom (she is going to be my chauffeur after my eye appt. because of the drops that dilate my eyes so I can hardly see.  I have a regular doctor checkup in the afternoon, then I'll probably head back to EC since I work at 7:30 Tuesday morning.  So it will be a good few days.

My roommate left Monday morning for home and is gone for 2 weeks.  So next week after I get back and done working, I'm sure I will be bored.  But it will be nice-I'll maybe do some sewing-I have some clothes to mend and I can work on my quilt too!

As of today, it has been a week and a half since I had a soda-and as a result, caffeine.  I don't plan on completely cutting out caffeine-but it might end up that way-we'll see how that goes once I do have some caffeine again and how it affects me and my system.  It has also been about a year and a half since I had any alcohol.  I feel really good too.  I'm drinking more water, I'm sleeping better at night, I am eating better as well-my body isn't craving soda like I thought it would.  It started last Monday-I didn't have any more soda...and I just didn't feel the need for it-like the Lord was guiding me towards healthier choices.  Last Tuesday and a little of Wednesday I had a headache because of the caffeine withdrawal-but by Thursday I was back to normal.

But sort of on the note of sleeping better, it's bedtime for this lady.  Have a wonderful New Year's and weekend. 

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment