Monday, December 13, 2010

"Snowmageddon"

Here in Eau Claire (and certain parts of Minnesota and Wisconsin too) Saturday and part of Sunday brought 22 inches of snow within 24 hours.  The previous record for a 24 hour period was 14 inches.  When I was at work on Saturday, we heard news that the Mall had closed, that Best Buy had closed, banks closed, fast food places closed, many churches canceled their Saturday and Sunday services.

Here are some pictures I took on Sunday night.


This is my roommate as she is all bundled up to make the trek to her car and dig it out.

The "steps" up to my apartment building's front porch. They are just caked with snow so the steps have just disappeared.

An area where a car used to be-until the owner was able to dig it out.

A sidewalk about a block away from my apartment-someone used their snow-blower and this wall is how much snow we got in 24 hours.

A different but similar sidewalk.

My roommate's "snow" shovel. It was literally the only type of shovel of any kind in the store-a fireplace shovel.  She had even looked at other stores first but everywhere was sold out.

Our friend's door from their kitchen out onto their little porch area.  Snowed in!

My roommate writing a note to leave for the church whose parking lot her car was stuck in. 

We are planning on baking them some cookies or muffins to say thank you.

The wall of snow after the snowplow went by.  Up to the windows on the car.
 The alley on the right got plowed, but when the big plow came through on the street, it created a nice big wall of snow at the end of the alley.

Standing in the snow behind our building-up to my roommate's knees.  
My roommate showing the car behind her-buried under lots of snow!
















This is just some of what the Midwest has dealt with.  It pretty much went straight through the middle of Minnesota, then Wisconsin.  Friends in the northern areas of the states hardly got any snow.  This just shows what God is capable of when He wants to show us.  This weekend definitely tested my patience.  I just tried to pray my way through.  I made it through and now I'm studying for a final that I have at 8:00 tomorrow morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment