Friday, January 7, 2011

Healthy Living

I've been doing pretty good on my new healthy "kick" which I hope turns into a lifestyle.  I had a good breakfast, a small snack when I was hungry, some homemade tacos for lunch-which were probably not the best-but they did fill me up for a while, I worked out with a Tae Bo dvd, and had a nicely portioned supper. 

I've been looking into portion control, since I think that's one of my main struggles.  But I was doing some reading about portion sizes and proportions and ratios and such.  And basically learned that with a 9 inch plate, 1/4 should be protein, 1/4 should be whole grain, and 1/2 should be vegetable; then add a glass of milk to drink (or some other small dairy source) and maybe a small serving of fruit.  So I had a small boneless skinless chicken breast-baked, some whole wheat couscous-using chicken broth instead of water-and adding a pinch of some seasoning like garlic, and green beans for my veggie-I LOVE green beans-they are one of my favorite veggies.

I'm also drinking more water since I stopped drinking soda.  This coming Monday it will be 3 weeks/21 days without soda.  And I don't crave it like I thought I would.  Now, if I am in the mood for a drink that's not milk or water, I drink Minute Maid light lemonade. But I don't drink that very much either-I'm just finding myself reaching for a glass of water much more often than I used to. 

I feel as though the Lord is leading me down a healthier path.  Simply trying to take better care of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment