Friday, January 14, 2011

Feeling good

I've lost 8 pounds!  I know this isn't a whole lot in the long run, but it feels good to me because I'm doing it the healthy way and I don't feel deprived.  I allow myself a couple small pieces of chocolate for dessert and I don't feel guilty at all.  And tonight some friends came over and we just had a girls night in-and I allowed myself about 2 scoops of frozen yogurt. 

It helps to remind myself that if I do want a certain food-like more chocolate, that it will still be there tomorrow.  The few pieces I had were not the last bits of food I will ever eat.  And if for some reason they were-they tasted darn good! 

I've tried crash dieting before, many times; and I see very quick results, but I could never keep them up for too long because I was so hungry.  But now, I have pre-portioned snacks that I can just grab and go.  And then I don't continue to eat and eat and eat.  I feel like that was a big struggle, so now I'm doing much better with that.  I feel that this way I can keep it up for the long run and it helps that I'm seeing results.  It's been about 2 pounds per week-which is respected as a healthy amount. 

Anyway, time for bed; I just wanted to share my success so far.

1 comment:

  1. That's so great, Leda!
    It must feel good to do it the healthy way too. :)

    ReplyDelete