Monday, September 20, 2010

What owns me?

Church last night was so great.  I am so thankful to be a servant of Jesus!

Part of the message last night was about Live Out Loud Christians trading self-promotion for partnership; and how we need to cheer for the Timothys and not just demand the Pauls.

I really need to work on fully accepting the idea that my life is not my own, that my life belongs to Him.  It can be so hard to let go of my earthly desires.  This leads to the idea that if we think we need something in life in order to be ok, it owns me, not the other way around.  And while this is true, we are not really free.

So now I need to really think about what owns me...

Philippians 1:6 was very important last night as well.
       And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.
   -It is such a comfort and relief to know that when God starts something, He ALWAYS completes it.

The summary is basically this: God started His god work in me, and He's so intent on finishing it that He's going to complete His work in me, whether I like it or not.

I am so grateful to be a Daughter in Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment