Thursday, September 2, 2010

Frugal Inspiration

I have been inspired by my fellow bloggers with their frugal tips/ideas. So I thought I would share mine. I will go through my bedroom pictures that I posted before (don't worry, I'll re-post them) and just say their "frugal" background.

 This desk was part of my family's old computer desk. I took it apart and now I have a wonderful desk in my room and the other part is in the living room as a shelf/end table.  The chair was one of the university's old computer lab chairs that I bought at a sale for $5.  The computer itself is my brother's old computer, so that was free to me just like the desk.

This bench was one that my mom got at an auction for $10, I think.  It's very pretty and I will definitely be keeping this for years to come-hopefully it can become a family heirloom one day.  The wooden storage thing next to the bench, was something I got at a garage sale for $10; it holds my hairbrush and ponytail holders and some stretchy headbands in the top drawer, my printer paper in the middle drawer, and bags for garbage liners in the bottom drawer.


This dresser I got from a family friend for free; she had her niece living with her for awhile and didn't need it anymore-the same thing with the comforter and sheet set on my bed right now.  The mattress and box spring were left to me by my brother's friend who lived in my old apartment; he was moving home and didn't want to have to deal with that-so he asked if I wanted it; it is pillowtop and full size-I've only ever had a twin-at home and in the dorms.  The frame and headboard and footboard were my brother's so they were free also.

Some things that are not in the picture, but are also "frugal"; my sewing machine-it's my mom's old Kenmore one.  The 2 chairs in our living room used to be at the library where my mom works but they got new ones so she took the old ones.  The TV stand in our living room is just bricks and boards.  And my dad made me a little "lazy susan" for my TV and DVD/VCR. 

Well that's it for now, I should finish getting ready-today is the first day of classes for the fall semester and I am going to leave in about 5 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment