Thursday, February 11, 2010

Changes

Whew. Some changes need to be made in my life. I need to start being honest with myself, while at the same time opening up to others. I need to come to terms with my issues. My issues like my eating junk food and not wanting to exercise-I need to figure out WHY for these things. And things are better now that I've been on the antidepressants for awhile, but I need to talk to someone on a regular basis-Adrienne was ok to talk to, but sometimes I felt awkward when she was looking at me and waiting for me to answer.
I need to be more assertive about what I want and if I'm having problems with something or someone.
I also need to put my trust in God that he is doing what is best for me, even if it is not necessarily what I think is best for me-because God knows best. Like in terms of my future husband.
Wow, Dr. Wilson just said something that was harsh, but true. He said that women set ridiculous standards for themselves/their lives. That kinda hit home-the fact that I set such high standards for myself-wanting myself to be totally perfect. But knowing that it was impossible, so I don't even try. But what I need to realize is that I AM good enough. I just need to be happy with myself. I know it's difficult, but I need to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment