Friday, February 26, 2010

My modest life...

It's very difficult for me to feel that my modesty is actually doing any good. Since I live in a college town and that's who my friends are-I feel like when I am being modest, I am looked at as the "outcast". I know I should not be worried about such things, because I am doing the right thing in God's eyes. But I still have that nagging human/sinner voice that's telling me I need to be like everyone else.

Not drinking is going over very well though. People ask me about it, and I simply explain that I don't need it and all the reasons why I don't need it. It's actually quite easy to be around others that are drinking. Such as Wednesday night when I went out for trivia night at El Patio-I think everyone else was drinking-except me. It felt really good to finally have gotten the strength to resist to that extent. I didn't go out with people to the bars for a long time because I didn't know if I had the strength to resist when everyone else around me is drinking and I am afraid that they'll pressure me. But I do feel much more comfortable. I think it was good to try in a lower pressure setting like El Patio before actually attempting a Friday or Saturday night at a bar.

And I'm trying not to swear also. Just make my life and behavior more modest.

One thing that I think is funny when I wear one of my denim skirts out and about, people I know always think it's "funny" or interesting that I'm wearing a skirt. It's funny and interesting to me that people think that of a GIRL wearing a SKIRT...I feel as though that is part of the reason I'm doing this; to change the fact that it's "weird" for a girl to wear a skirt-since when did that go out the window?

No comments:

Post a Comment