Monday, November 29, 2010

Crockpot Applesauce!

Today I attempted to make slow-cooker applesauce in my new slow-cooker.  It was a GREAT success!  It smelled amazing (unfortunately my roommate was making chili at the same time in her slow-cooker, and chili scent is much stronger than apple scent).  But if that had been the only thing cooking, it would have made the whole apartment smell amazing.

All I did was peel and cut up about 5 medium sized apples, added a few teaspoons of sugar, about a teaspoon of cinnamon, and 1/3 cup of water and started it on high, but then switched it to low while I was at my bowling league.  And when I came home they were nice and mushy, I didn't even need a masher of any sort, I just used the wooden spoon I had been stirring it with all along. 

The 5 apples I used was just a perfect amount for a few servings for just me.  I also don't think I need to cut the apples into such small pieces as I did. I peeled them and then used an apple corer and slicer.  I could have just cut those chunks in half or thirds, I cut the pieces to be the size of marbles.

Anyway, time for bed. I have a doctor checkup tomorrow morning at 8:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment