Sunday, October 4, 2009

RIP Artie. That's right, insurance declared Artie as totaled. But I got a pretty good amount of insurance money. On Friday, my dad came over (an hour and fifteen minute drive-one way) and picked me up and we went back and dealt with insurance and the bank for financing and then spent all afternoon car shopping. I had been looking online at cars and found a few near home to look at and test drive. I ended up getting a 2004 Kia Rio with 63,000 miles. I really like it, it's a cute little car, and I am locking this one religiously. I also plan on keeping it much cleaner than Artie. I am trying to decide whether to name my car Lucy, Belle, or Wendy. I'm leaning towards Lucy.

Last Monday I rescued a dog! I saw it wandering around in the next door neighbor's yard-they are all college guys and I know they don't have a dog. So I went around and met it in the alley, I got it's attention and held on to it and called for animal control to come pick it up since I didn't have a car at the time! Haha, anyway, a woman came and picked it up. And today I went to the Humane Association to check on the dog and see if the owner did pick him up. I found out that the owner was frantic to get him back. I knew the dog was someone's pet because it had 3 years of vaccination tags and it had very thick, fluffy fur that was well kept-it was very friendly and kept rolling over in the mud so I would rub his belly!

While I was there I donated some things that I had here at the apartment, I had some old socks that the dogs could use as toys-play tug of war or something like that. I had a couple of binders that I didn't use anymore because I don't really like binders. I had some extra pens and pencils. I also brought some leftover cleaning supplies-like ammonia, clorox and lysol cleaning sprays, and a few other cleaners. I was going to bring a pillow, but I forgot. I thought they could use it as a bed for the cat colony or in one of the small dog's kennels. I also need to ask off from work for a Wednesday night so I can go to the orientation and then start volunteering. It was so nice visiting today. I wish I could adopt a pet-or even foster a pet-but I don't think they'll let me in the apartment. So this is my chance to help out.

But while I was there, 2 animals got adopted! A dog, Sadie; and a kitten, Chase. So it was a good day for that-and overall it was a pretty busy day-there were lots of people visiting today and looking at animals. Anyway, bedtime for me now!

No comments:

Post a Comment