Thursday, March 3, 2011

My future wedding...?

Even though I am far away from this day (I have no current prospects for dating, courtship, or marriage) I still like to think about how I will spend it (I am inspired by my cousin, who is getting married on Saturday-the 5th).  It's one of those things that most little girls dream of for many years.  And I would like to share some of the ideas I have for mine.

I will begin by saying that I love going camping.  My parents started camping before I was born, and I've been going camping with my family every summer since I was born.  We usually go to State Parks, and we started out in tents (this was before I can remember), but then moved to pop-up campers for many years-and now that my parents are "empty nesters" they have upgraded to a pull behind.

I also love autumn, it's my favorite season and time of year.  The colors are beautiful, and I love the cool, crisp weather.  God truly does make a beautiful home for us.

So, with these in mind, I would like to have my wedding in the fall.  Also, at the State Park where my mom works is also where I went to Vacation Bible School-summer camp through my church-they rented out the group camp.  I would like to rent that for my wedding, then there would be cabins for people to stay in, and there's a kitchen in the main building, as well as a giant fireplace inside and a big fire pit outside.

This is what I have that I would really like for my wedding.  I have some ideas about other things that I want, such as I love lilies, so I'd like to have those somehow incorporated. 

These are just some of my current musings.  Since my cousin is getting married on Saturday, I was feeling inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment