Tuesday, August 10, 2010

100 Things Challenge

I recently read an article that details more and more people participating in the 100 Things Challenge.  This is sort of a "minimalist" experiment. 

The challenge is basically asking you to reduce your personal belongings down to just 100 personal items.  There are various ways to do this and different ways to include your things.  Some people choose to count books together as one item, or clothes together as one item.  Things that are generally not included are kitchen supplies, shared things (with family or roommate).


Basically, I'm going to make my own challenge, I'm going to concentrate more on the "spirit" of the challenge. I might stick to the number 100, I might not.  But basically it's a challenge for me to get rid of things I don't need or really want. 

I am trying to simplify my life, especially in time for school.  I think it might help with my focus-fewer distractions.

I will do another post once I finalize my list and then another one when I actually get rid of things that didn't make the list.

1 comment:

  1. I've seen that kind of list before, and I'm thinking about doing it, too!

    Blessings,
    Cora

    ReplyDelete