Sunday, July 3, 2011

Holiday weekend....

So, I worked this morning.  I hadn't worked since Wednesday, I had a lovely little "vacation"-except for a few little things.  On Friday, the heat index for our area was 108-118-it was very humid.  So I went floating on the river with one of my friends, got a little sunburned, and a couple blisters on my feet from walking in wet ballet flats; but those are better now.  But when I woke up this morning for work, I noticed that my right eye felt a little weird-itchy and I had some gunk in it (sorry for the gross-ness).  Anyway, it turns out I have pink eye, I got some eye drops, but it's not a great way to spend the holiday, but at least I have tomorrow and Tuesday off, so I can just get my eye better and not have to take any time off from work-besides the hour and a half that I missed today-since I got sent home-cause I was contagious.

Anyway, on to a better topic.  I was doing some reading after work and a nap, and I came across this website that had a very intriguing article entitled Bride vs. Wife.  It discussed how many single young ladies in today's society are preparing for the short term role of being a bride, rather than the long term role of being a wife.

I will definitely be exploring this website more in the coming days....

No comments:

Post a Comment