Friday, September 18, 2009

So, as of today, I'm giving up soda cold turkey. My plan is that every time I want a soda or would have reached for a soda, I'll drink water instead. Occasionally if I want some flavor I'll have a glass of milk or water with Crystal Light in it. I'm not giving up caffeine, so I hopefully won't get headaches for that reason. I have some hot chai tea for if I need some caffeine at home. Otherwise I'll get caffeine at work. One thing that I might do is get the liquid chai concentrate-so I can have the latte, with milk and that should be more flavorful than regular hot tea. I'll try the Vanilla Chai tea that I have now before I buy the concentrate so I don't waste money buying the concentrate if the hot chai tea is good.

I'm going to see how giving up soda goes, and if it goes well for 2 weeks, I am considering giving up chocolate too after a few more weeks. But with chocolate, I'll probably have to cut it out more gradually-just because I love it so much! haha So if cutting out soda goes well at the 2 week mark, then I'll gradually start eliminating chocolate.

I'm trying to be healthier and maybe lose some weight by simple steps. I'm a relatively active person. Work helps with that-since I'm on my feet walking during the whole shift. So I'm just going to see how cutting out things affects my health and weight and such.

Anyway, I'm craving a Mt. Dew right now, so I'm going to go get some water!!

No comments:

Post a Comment